Civil Rights (Excessive Force)

Ward A. (Sam) Rouse
Rated by Super Lawyersloading ...
Best Car Accident Lawyers in Des Moines

Des Moines Civil Rights (Excessive Force) Legal Help


Chapter 42, section 1983 of the United States Code gives you the right to file a lawsuit for injuries if a police officer or other representative of the government deprives you of a constitutionally protected right. This code section is usually applied in situations where police officers use excessive force, but it can also apply to other situations, such as:

  • being attacked by a police dog,
  • racial profiling,
  • the infliction of unnecessary mental pain or emotional distress,
  • false arrest, and
  • government corruption.

I approach every case with the intent to get the best results for my clients. If you or a loved one has been deprived of your rights and been injured by that deprivation, please feel free to call or email me. Consultations are free, there is no charge unless I recover money for you. 515.223.9000